A notable activity at Reddit was the statement of the CEO of the Intercontinental Exchange, Jeff Sprecher. Jeff’s statement involved the launch of Bakkt. According to him, Bakkt will get launched by the end of the current year. Apart from Bakkt, there were much more valuable incidents on Reddit for the crypto community.
- The journey of adoption for bitcoin (BTC) continues and makes its way to Argentina. Now, people living in Argentina can cover their transportation cost with the help of bitcoin (BTC). The combined efforts of Alto Viaje and Bitex have made bitcoin (BTC) payments acceptable for 37 different places of the country.
- LocalBitcoins allow people to buy or sell bitcoin (BTC). In a very recent, it was revealed that the transaction volume of LocalBitcoins in Peru saw a growth of 250 percent in 2018.
- Besides Peru, the Lightning Network of bitcoin (BTC) also saw success. It reached a milestone as six thousand nodes with the capacity of almost $2.4 million have been noticed to be active on LN.
- Many people have been waiting for Constantinople, ethereum’s next system-wide upgrade. The date of Constantinople and Petersburg hard forks was announced by the hard fork coordinator for Ethereum on the platform of Reddit. On 25th February 2019, both hard forks are expected to get activated.
- Finablr is a company based in the UAE. Recently, it was revealed that Finablr’s UAE exchange will be collaborating with Ripple to utilize blockchain while offering cross-border remittances to Thailand. Chief executive of Finablr was very bullish on the blockchain. He was of the view that blockchain provided safe and secure payment experiences.
- Justin Sun, CEO of Tron, and Vitalik Buterin, the creator of Ethereum, got head to head with each other on Twitter. Things instigated when Justin saw and then availed an opportunity to promote his tokens, Tron (TRX) and BitTorrent (BTT).
— Justin Sun (@justinsuntron) February 9, 2019
Finally, Vitalik sarcastically responded to Justin, who attempted to promote his tokens out of context.
Note for the uninitiated: yes I am making fun of twitter coin shills who are taking my tweet about VPNs and bittorrent out of context.
— Vitalik Non-giver of Ether (@VitalikButerin) February 10, 2019