- The vague concerns that crypto investors with big capital gains have to pay by tax day and are selling to pay those taxes.
- Regulatory pressure from the SEC which said that not only ICOs but also crypto exchanges should register with the SEC.
- Then major social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Google banned crypto.
- The Japanese exchange sold over 400 million dollars in Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.
- Interest in Bitcoin is also way down on Google searches. Term, Bitcoin, peaked in mid-December and fell 75% since then.
Bitcoin started the year with the value near 300 billion dollars and it’s now down to 127 billion but it’s not just Bitcoin, the total value of all crypto currencies has declined as well to about 280 billion dollars. Again that’s what it was at the start of the year. So where this crypto market is heading? Some say its the end of Bitcoin but blockchain is going to stay.
Is it really the end of Bitcoin? Its unclear yet as the price of Bitcoin is rising again and it seems like the pressure of selling has ended. Also, Coinbase’s announcement of a crypto fund might be providing a reasonable support at this level.