These are the top stories from subreddits of bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Ripple (XRP).
- Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey has a firm belief that internet will definitely have its native cryptocurrency and guess what, he backed bitcoin!. In an interview Jack stated; ” given all the tests bitcoin has been through, the principles behind how it was created and it is something that was born, developed and tested on the internet. The reason we enabled the purchase of bitcoin within the cash app is, we want to learn about the technology, we are the first publicly traded company to actually offer it a service and we were the first to talked to the SEC about bitcoin and what it means”.
- Bitcoin did not come out of the blue nor is it a fad. It is the result of 40 years of research, development and demand.
- For the month of January, Binance had 700% more exchange volume and Binance users can also purchase crypto via credit card.
- Chris Dixon, who is a General Partner and leads dedicated crypto fund at a16z has said; “To me, Ethereum is the most important technology of the decade, for sure. I don’t even think it’s going to be questionable”.
- ConsenSys, a blockchain software technology company that is providing solutions and is backed by Ethereum blockchain has named best Ethereum based games. These games include ‘Decentraland, Gods of Unchained, Etheremon and World of Ether’ in a blog post.
- Hollands comedy sensation, Jochem Myjer is using Ethereum based GET protocol to sell tickets. The famous comedian partnered with a startup GUTS Tickets, has sold all of the 50,000 tickets in just under two hours! It is pertinent to mention here that Jochem has following of over 2 million fans, while Netherlands total population is 17 million, making it almost 15% of the total population.
- Ripple is now accepted in 4500 more stores who are providing goods and services across the globe. CoinGate, a cryptocurrency payment processor is the latest one who joined hands with Ripple (XRP) meaning, all of its 4500 stores now accepts ripple as payment method.
- A discussion was conducted on the central bank digital currencies (CBDC) and their impact on local economies and cryptocurrencies. The prominent speakers who participated in the session include, Jesse Lund (IBM), Ram Komarraju (CLS Bank), Tammy Camp (Stronghold) and Michael Warner (Federal Reserve Bank). The topic of discussion was the role of crypto assets in token economics.